Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Extra seminar on Wednesday 11

Dear students, 


I've booked a room for next Wednesday at 2PM. 
I hope this is a convenient slot for all of you who wish to attend. I'll have your exam papers so that you can consult them and see where you fell short. Please come with your answer sheet, available from the google group. I'd like you to let me know via email if you are thinking of coming. 
Good luck on your exams. 

AM
PS : Hillary Clinton won South Dakota (surprising me at least) and made a speech in which she willed to go on. Meanwhile in Minnesota, Barack Obama proclaimed himself the winner of the primaries after reaching the threshhold of 2118 delegates required to win the nomination. He emphasized his now traditional themes : change and the fact that this was  a historic moment. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs De Mezerac, firstable I would like to thank you for having pass on me your interest in the US politics.

Now, I would like to know your point of view: Obama having won the Democrat investiture, do you believe he could have any chance in front of John McCain? I'm not sure, I mean maybe the major part of the Democrats are in favor of "changes" but is it true for the whole population?
Is there a 50-50 equality between the Democrat partisans & the Republican one in the US?

Have a nice day!

Aude de Mézerac said...

Dear Laetitia,

You are asking the very question that everyone would like to see answered. I think that you have pinpointed the central issue : how atuned to Obama's message is the general American population.
I will give some references and a bit of perspective on these questions in my next blog posting.
Thank you for keeping in touch and I'm very happy that you've caught the bug for American politics !

AM